When I first bought all the ingredients I was going to make lasagna. But then it seemed like to much work. I had alway seen many zucchini boats recipes on Pinterest so thought I would give it a try and they turned out amazing. They were even good the second day. I don't know about you but I alway think spaghetti is better the second day. These will definitely be on my meal plan every month.
16oz extra lean ground turkey
7 medium (200g) zucchinis
565g (2.5 cups) Roas Tomato Basil Sauce
15oz fat free ricotta cheese
84g shredded mozzarella cheese
1/2 tsp garlic
1/2 tsp basil
1 tsp dried minced onion
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a 13 x 18 inch baking pan with aluminum foil and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
2. Trim the ends from zucchini and slice in half, lengthwise. Use the tip of a spoon and scrape out the seeds and center of the zucchini. Place zucchini on baking pan. Bake zucchini for 18 minutes.
3. While the zucchini is cooking. In a medium size pan, cook ground turkey over medium heat until no longer pink. Season with garlic, basil and dried minced onion.
4. Remove partially cooked zucchini from oven and layer with 30g of ricotta cheese, 1oz cooked ground turkey, 40g of tomato basil sauce and 6g mozzarella cheese.
5. Place back in oven and cook for 25-30 minutes.
TIP: Weight your meat after cooking and divided evenly between each zucchini boat. For example I cooked 16oz of raw ground turkey and after cooking it weighed 14oz.
*This post contains affiliate links, when clicked through to the site and a purchase is made I make a small commission at no cost to you! Thanks for the support!*