I love making homemade protein bars, because then you get to control what goes into them. I have been experiencing with a couple different ones and this one is one of my favorites. I love that they are simple to make and have healthy ingredients in them. They're are great to have pre workout or an afternoon snack.
200g pitted dates
168g raw cashews
3 scoops Vanilla Protein Powder
30g mini chocolate chips
2oz unsweetened almond milk
1. Soak dates in water for 15-20 minutes to soften, if needed.
2. In a food processor, blend cashews and dates into tiny pieces. Pour cashews and dates into a medium size bowl.
3. Add chia seeds, chocolate chips and almond milk to bowl. Combine well.
4. Line a 8 x 8 inch casserole dish with parchment paper. Pour mixture into the casserole dish. Firmly pressing the mixture into the pan, pressing tightly into all corners.
5. Place in fridge for 2-3 hours or freezer for 30-60 minutes. Cut into 12 bars. Keep in fridge for 1 week or in freezer up to 2 months.
*This post contains affiliate links, when clicked through to the site and a purchase is made I make a small commission at no cost to you! Thanks for the support!