I love making homemade protein bars, because then you get to control what goes into them. I have been experiencing with a couple different ones and this one is one of my favorites. I love that they are simple to make and have healthy ingredients in them. They're
are great to have pre workout or an afternoon
200g pitted dates
168g raw cashews
30g mini chocolate chips
2oz unsweetened almond milk
1. Soak dates in water for 15-20 minutes to soften, if needed.
2. In a food processor, blend cashews and dates into tiny pieces. Pour cashews and dates into a medium size bowl.
3. Add chia seeds, chocolate chips and almond milk to bowl. Combine well.
4. Line a 8 x 8 inch casserole dish with parchment paper. Pour mixture into the casserole dish. Firmly pressing the mixture into the pan, pressing tightly into all corners.
5. Place in fridge for 2-3 hours or freezer for 30-60 minutes. Cut into 12 bars. Keep in fridge for 1 week or in freezer up to 2 months.
*This post contains affiliate links, when clicked through to the site and a purchase is made I make a small commission at no cost to you! Thanks for the support!