Happy November. Here in Utah we finally got some cold weather and I believe it's here to stay. We went from having and really nice weekend to cold and rainy weather this past week. But I love the snow and hoping to see a lot of it this year. Hope you all are ready for some apple recipes. I love apples and then add some cinnamon and it takes it to another level. The crust for these turnovers is from Skinny Taste bagel recipe but I add some protein powder to the recipe for more protein. Because we all could use more protein in our diets. I'm excited to take this same recipe and add different fruit and nuts in the middle.
120g (1 cup) all purpose flour
(code MIRANDA15 saves you 15%)
223g (1 cup) nonfat plain greek yogurt
1.5 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
120g honey crisp apples, diced
1.5 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking stevia
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1. Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
2. Combine all purpose flour, protein powder, baking powder, salt, and greek yogurt in a bowl until dough starts to form.
3. Turn dough on a lightly floured surface and brush your hands with a bit of flour.
4. Knead and divide into 8 parts. Using a rolling pin roll out dough in a circle.
5. Combined diced apples, cinnamon, and sugar together.
6. Taking one rolled out dough at a time place about 18g of apple mixture in the middle of the dough. Fold dough in half. Take a folk and pressed down edges to seal. Place on baking sheet and repeat 8 times.
7. Brush turnovers lightly with egg whites. Combine stevia and cinnamon together and sprinkle evenly on top of turnovers.
8. Bake for 18-20 minutes.
9. Store in fridge for 3 days and reheat in microwave for 30 seconds or enjoy them cold.
If using self-rising flour, omit the baking powder and salt.
Make sure your yogurt doesn't have a lot of liquid, if it does pour it off before adding it in the bowl.
If dough is still sticky add more flour.
*This post contains affiliate links, when clicked through to the site and a purchase is made I make a small commission at no cost to you! Thanks for the support!*