It's that time of year where treats are everywhere and it's easy to fall off track. So I came up with a macro friendly Gingerbread Loaf. It goes really good with coffee or tea. You can also make a macro friendly cream cheese spread to go over it. I am all for enjoying the holiday
season without feeling guilty every time I have
a treat. Hope you enjoy this as much as I do.
2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp ground ginger
2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp clove
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp baking soda
3 whole eggs
50g egg whites
113g nonfat greek yogurt
1oz unsweetened coconut milk
84g (5 Tbsp) pure honey
2 Tbsp molasses
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees, and spray a 9 x 5 inch bread pan with non stick cooking spray.
2. In a medium size bowl, mix together coconut flour, oat flour, protein powder, baking
powder, ground ginger, cinnamon, clove, nutmeg, salt and baking soda. Set aside.
3. In a large mixing bowl or kitchen aid, lightly beat eggs until egg yolks break apart. Add in egg whites, greek yogurt coconut milk, honey and molasses. Mix well.
4. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until smooth.
5. Transfer the batter to the prepared bread pan, spreading batter out evenly. Cover the bread pan with aluminum foil. Bake for 35 minutes covered. Remove aluminum foil and bake for additional 10-15 minutes or until tooth pick comes out clean.
*This post contains affiliate links, when clicked through to the site and a purchase is made I make a small commission at no cost to you! Thanks for the support!*