It's Christmas time so that means lots of baking in my house. This year I started with Gingerbread Cookies because my husband wanted them. This recipe is simple that you can get the entire family involved in making them.
3/4 cup unsalted butter, room temp
1 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp ginger
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
2. In your kitchen aid or with an electric mixer, mix together butter and sugar until fluffy about 2-3 minutes. Add egg and molasses and mix well.
3. In a medium size bowl, combine flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and ginger.
4. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix until well combined.
5 . Use a cookie dough scoop or form into 1 inch balls. Place on baking sheet 2 inches apart to allow room for the cookies to spread.
6. Bake for 10-12 minutes. Remove from oven and transfer to wire rack for cooling. I like to cook mine for 10 minutes so they're chewy.
*This post contains affiliate links, when clicked through to the site and a purchase is made I make a small commission at no cost to you! Thanks for the support!