It's been a few months since I first seen the 2 ingredient bagels go crazy on instagram from Skinny Tasty. I have made them a few different ways now adding more protein in them and have all those recipes posted on my instagram (@macro_miranda) but it wouldn't be fall without a Pumpkin Protein Bagel. The good news is my 9 year old picky niece even approved them. Enjoy!
150g (1.25 cups) all purpose flour (save about 20g for counter top)
1.5 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
122g (1/2 cup) pumpkin pure
113g (1/2 cup) non fat plain greek yogurt
2 Tbsp egg whites or 1 whole egg
1 Tbsp baking stevia
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1. Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
2. Combine all purpose flour, protein powder, baking powder, salt, pumpkin pie spice, greek yogurt, and pumpkin pure in a bowl until a dough starts to form.
3. Turn dough on a lightly floured surface and brush your hands with a bit of flour.
4. Knead and divide into 5 parts. Rolled into a ball then flatten and poke a hole in middle of the dough. Place on prepared baking sheet.
5. Brush egg white over the top of each bagel. Combine baking stevia and cinnamon and sprinkle over egg white.
6. Bake for 22-25 minutes.
If using self-rising flour, omit the baking powder and salt.
Make sure your yogurt doesn't have a lot of liquid, if it does pour it off before adding it in the bowl.
If dough is still sticky add more flour.
*This post contains affiliate links, when clicked through to the site and a purchase is made I make a small commission at no cost to you! Thanks for the support!